Preparing to goto APE, 2011

Going to APE this year!! Actually, my first time getting a table!! Looking forward to it. All I've been thinking about in the last week or so is "do I have everything I need? Did I print all the stuff, and get the art book ready???" I thought I was close, then I met up with my friend Genevieve to pick her brain a bit to get some insight, and she gave me a list of things that I never would have thought about! It's like when you go camping and you forget the smallest thing, like the can opener, and it ruins the whole trip. Mine would have been like that! Thanks Genevieve! PHEW! I would have just borrowed from everyone and annoyed them! Now, I can look like a professional.

I"m not going to have a lot of items since(Ahem) it is my first dive into getting a table at a comic con! So I will have my one book that I got done a few months back. I first had it for sale at Trickster at this years San Diego Comic Con. That was fun!


So that gave me the confidence to try something new.

Here's one of the pages that have been working on. It's going to be in a new book as a compilation with my co-workers. We are calling the book "Lol Coffee Break". A little nod to our work, LolApps.

Here's the cover and the back:



We didn't have enough time to prepare, so the book really is a compilation, but I think it's going to be a good one. All these guys have a very unique style, and very talented! It will be, Mike Bear, Nate Berna, Roman Muradov, Brandon Pike, Elie Dahger, Jerry Tzeng, and Josh de Leon. As you will be able to tell just from our different styles, our collection is going to be very unique indeed. If I get a chance, I will post a few more sample pages from the guys, up until the beginning of the conference. It's going to be hot off the press too!

APE is this coming weekend. Oct 1 to 2nd at the San Francisco Concourse Exhibition Center.

Oh, and did I mention that Genevieve will be sharing the other half of our table? She is an amazing artist! Man this girl can draw!

It's going to be good times!





Comments

Anonymous said…
awesome! Wish I wasn't 3000 miles away!

Popular Posts