The Monkey King

If you never read the  "The Monkey King", go out and find it, and read it! He is a character out of the Chinese classic called "The Journey To The West". The novel, written by Wu Cheng En in the 1500's, was one of my favorite books from my childhood.  If you are into epic adventure stories, this book will not disappoint. It's full of mythological characters, Heaven versus Earthly creatures with super powers, great character development, etc. I think this book was one of those early childhood influences that made me love adventure books like Tarzan, Treasure Island, Three Musketeers, etc. Modern day audiences have Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Ring, etc. People back then had no TV or DVD's. They had Greek mythologies, Shakespeare, and other authors and storytellers to spark peoples imaginations.
Anyways, before I  bore myself to death, here's one drawing that I found of my foray in to the world of the Monkey King. I have several more drawings that are put away somewhere. I will find them, scan them and put them up. I like having them up on the blog where I can find the all in one place.

Comments

Very nice blog yoou have here

Popular Posts