Second painting


This one is the day that I ran away. The story goes something like this. One day, when I was about 8 or 9 years old, I bought a bag of potato chips or something bad for me, knowing that my parents prohibited us from eating any junk food. So my little brother Mike, who was probably 6 or 7 at the time, teased me and told me that he's gonna tell on dad when he gets home. I then decided that I would run away, so that I can eat what ever I want, when ever I want.
So this is the moment when I had been walking for probably at least two hours up a country road. I got to the apex of the road and with the sun setting, I remember seeing a town at the bottom of the hill. I do remember freezing there, and I think I started to cry. Just then, an old man on a bicycle rode by, and he stopped and asked me if I needed a ride. I accepted, and got a ride back home. He must have known who I was because he gave me a ride right to our neighborhood. Anyways, I got in trouble anyways because I got home late.

Comments

Popular Posts